Courts Design Ltd has gained a ‘shop window’ with companies in the utilities sector by joining Achilles UVDB – an online community that enables companies to manage supply chain risk and comply with EU regulations.
Courts Design, which has 35+ staff and provides, branding, digital media and exhibition stand design and build services, will now be able to share on an online platform its capabilities in key business areas, such as health and safety and compliance.
Achilles UVDB is used by over 1000 buyers from over 40 UK utilities companies to find suitably qualified suppliers. Achilles works to ensure suppliers’ information is accurate via data validation, and desktop and physical audits. Several buying organisations also use the community as an approved mechanism for tendering for contracts above and below EU threshold contracts – streamlining the procurement process.
Tom Grand, Regional Director for Achilles in the UK and Ireland, said: “By joining the biggest utilities supply chain risk management community in the UK, Courts Design has put itself in the best position to be considered for work with UK utility buyers.”
— Ends —
Courts Design is an award winning full service creative agency with over 30 years’ experience and expertise creating solutions in the disciplines of branding, digital and exhibitions.
We listen. We create. We deliver. Every time.
- Achilles is one of the world’s largest providers of global supply chain risk management solutions, with 950 people working in 22 countries.
- We independently scrutinise the supply chains of complex buying organisations across 11 industry sectors to proactively identify and mitigate risk and protect people, planet and profit.
- We use online questionnaires to collect, check and maintain essential data about your suppliers, including information related to Health & Safety, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Ethics and Compliance. This enables you to build up a picture of the risks present within your supply chain and respond with measures that will protect your business.
- This is supported by a menu of 21 bolt-on services, which offer further protection. These include Health and Safety Audits, Supply Chain Mapping, Financial Analysis and Carbon Reduction.
- We also offer an in-house consultancy service for public and private sector organisations that are affected by EU procurement legislation. EU regulated industries use this service to shortlist suppliers for “below-threshold” contracts.
- We set up supply chain management communities where business leaders from different industry sectors agree the common standards suppliers need to meet in order to be eligible to do business with them.
- We use state-of-the-art cloud technology to host “big data” in a secure environment, which can be accessed 24/7 from anywhere in the world.
- We enable businesses to make informed strategic decisions to minimise cost and to turn common industry challenges into sources of competitive advantage.
Media Contact – Susie Carter, PR and Brand Manager for Achilles, firstname.lastname@example.org